Thursday, April 9, 2009

the right to vote

In a patriotic spirit to my country, I decided to dedicate this red velvet cupcake to this democratic day where all Indonesian in all corners of the earth share their rights to vote in the hope of a better future for the country. Well, actually, that's just my excuse to make red velvet cake and made a simple icing decoration in the shape of our red and white flag. Any excuse will do, right?

I didn't even share my vote today.. hey, not my fault they decided to do it on Holy Thursday. I was planning to vote before work or before church, but it turns out they only open the ballot from 9.30am to 7.30 pm, I start work at 9 and there's no way I can take time off work since this will be my last chance to catch up with my boss before her trip to China, and the mass is at 6pm - 7.30pm. What a girl to do?

I have a strong opinion on the fact that they held it on Holy Thursday, but I decided to spare you my rant, anyways, today is Holy Thursday..

No comments:

Post a Comment